Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Montana

I'll never forget the day that Paul got his first set of orders saying that he was going to Hawaii.
We were so excited.
We wanted so badly to get out of Germany.
And I wanted so badly to get as far away from Montana as possible.
Well I got what I wanted, didn't I?
No.

I decided to change the name of this blog because Montana is what my life is about.
Montana is where my husband and I grew up. Where our lives began.
The reason we know each other.
It's the nickname I was given at my out-of-state summer camp.
The place we pridefully own up to when military friends ask where we're from.
It's the 4th biggest state in the U.S. and it JUST reached a million people.
Montana is where our best friends stayed while we ventured off.
It's the place that everyone complains about until they're away from it for long enough, and then they realize it's the only place they want to call home.
It's the state that I want my children to be born in, and where I want our first real home to be built from the ground up.
Montana is the last best place.

and I can't wait to go back.







Sincerely, Montana.♥  

No comments:

Post a Comment