Saturday, August 31, 2013

Back to School

source
As some of you may know, I graduated early last October to go to Germany and be with Paul.
Now, I was that girl who hated school and wanted to get out as soon as possible. But then, I got even more motivation to graduate early (Paul), so I worked my butt off and got out of there a whopping 9 months early.
I had fun traveling around back and forth to Germany, and then to Hawaii, but now that we're settled in, I find myself craving the structure of being in school..
What?
Anyone who knew me in High School is probably saying that ^ Hah.
But yes, I miss school. My husband told me I would, and every other adult in my life did too.
I just wasn't having it. "Nope. No I wont. You guys are crazy"
They weren't crazy, after all.
Anyway, "What are you going to do about it Laura?" you're all wondering!!! (not).

I'm going to go back to school!
Well, hopefully.
You see, the only neat thing about the military is that my husband and I can both get free degrees if we want, and why not take advantage of that?
So my days lately have consisted of looking at online schools, talking Paul into getting us enrolled, and brainstorming what I want to be when I grow up. <- Haha.
The crazy thing is, I cannot stop thinking about going to school to be a teacher.
I thought I hated school, but when I think really hard, I remember that I LOVED elementary school, and I "played teacher" up until I was like, 13.
It's just something I lost sight of when I got older because I hated high school and I thought that meant I hated school in general.
That's what's been on my mind.. And it wont get off my mind, which means that I need to put some serious thought into it and get into gear if I make a decision.
The awesome thing is, everyone I went to school with just started college, so it's not like i'm starting late. I could be a full time teacher by the time i'm 21 or 22.
This is just a little dream of mine starting to evolve, and I appreciate whoever would like to share it with me.
What do you think about going to school to be a teacher?

(By the way, I am aware that they don't make a lot of money. I wouldn't be doing it for the money anyway.)

No comments:

Post a Comment